Thursday 29 April 2010

The website designs that I have specifically chosen to research are those that have a hand drawn 'indie' feel to them which is appealing to the youth of the modern day.

The official website for the yet unreleased Edgar Wright movie 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World', is advertising a movie that is based on a hugely successful graphic novel series that began in 2004. The creator of the franchise, Bryan Lee O'Malley, has praised Edgar Wright's efforts in capturing the over the top and outlandish nature of the comic. This vibrant design for the film, and the unique style of promotion that is obvious on the website is an element that our film would take a huge benefit from. Not so much on the 'OTT' and outlandish side of 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World', but definately on the vibrant, unique indie stylings.






I also looked at the website for Juno, another film that was heavily influencing our own. One element that I found particularly pleasing about it was its simplicity whilst having a large amount on screen at one time. I also enjoyed the colourful and vibrant design that was so instantly appealing. However, this would be something that I would like to, in some ways, invert for my website. Due to my website being darker and advertising a film with more drama it would be wrong for me to be overly vibrant and colourful, yet I do need to stick to the indie roots.


No comments:

Post a Comment